View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 10:40 AM   #34
Plays to win the game!

It was great but I kept watching the movie thinking they were trying too hard to be funny. America's ass, Tony saying shit to his five year old multiple times, once is fine, but if the joke doesn't land the first time, the second time it's just overkill. Also the last scene with Thor joining the Guardians on their ship should've been a way funnier moment of Starlord and Thor fighting over power, it was funny when Mantis asks that they use knives, but everything else was just awkward staring and smiling. Thor's scene with his mother was one of the best scene's of the movie and that's what I've always liked about the Thor movies is their ability to introduce a weak side to him, a mortal side if you will.

I also wished they would've spent less time with the one on one human elements of the movie in the beginning and more on the final battle, giving characters their just do. Some of the characters come back, and they get nothing besides a few action shots. Then the most annoying thing that got carried over from Iron Man 3 was Pepper being such a pro in the Iron Man suit. Back then she was able to all of a sudden kick an explosive into the air, roundhouse kick it towards the bad guy, then use the iron man blaster arm to shoot it deadeye. In this movie, her inclusion in the final battle was annoying to me how her and Tony are just flying around in unison destroying faces together and then the women against Thanos scene. Maybe she's been practicing in the Rescue armor the last five years, after she was absolutely pissed about Tony continuously being Iron Man against her wishes.

Getting all the women together, like literally every single one, marching towards Thanos... I guess every man on Team Avengers just took those scenes off or under the extreme coincidence actually fighting in other places when the bulk of the fight, Thanos and the Black Order were all charging that particular point of women. I don't have any problems with women kicking ass, but when you openly pander to it and throw all men out, it's like the new Ghostbusters. Men and women can fight together, if you think you're being sexist one way by only showing men being the asskickers, you're being sexist the opposite way as well by actively excluding male participation. If they would've had Iron Man carrying the gauntlet to try to get to the van and then Captain America says "He's not alone!" Then all the men gather together and start charging the lines while the women are completely left out of the shot... tell me that's not pandering to men in that scenario. If you want to be equal then start being equal to both instead of trying to draw out applause from one half of the theater, and eye rolls from the other half. When they did it in Infinity War you could reason that there's a good chance there were no men around what so ever and it just ended up being four women in an area fighting. When they did it in Endgame, there's just no damn way.

I also have some gripes with Cap using Mjolnir. Picking it up, fine, calling it back to him when everyone shows back up, okay I'll bite... but how the hell is he channeling lightning into that thing? Odin even says it in Ragnarok, "Are you Thor, the God of Hammers?" Lightning always came from within Thor, not the Hammer. The Hammer can be lifted and wielded by those who are worthy, but my inner nerd was thinking during the awesomeness that was Cap during that sequence, that it was kinda bullshit.

Last edited by Gravedigger; 04-26-2019 at 10:51 AM..
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote