Thread: Other Sports Iditarod
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2023, 03:25 PM   #20
Veteran

Decent article on the Iditarod from a recent issue of GQ. I say ‘decent’ because it gives too much credence to PETA and other groups. As far as I’m concerned, they aren’t from Alaska. They don’t know Alaska. They couldn’t make it Alaska so they can just **** right off. I’ll listen to PETA when they volunteer to arrest and prosecute the 1300 lb brown bear that just dis-respected the rights of the young moose by eating it alive. Until then, I hope PETA dies in a fire.

But it’s a good profile of Dallas Seavey from a family whose name is inseparable from the Iditarod.

Also, for this year, a Redington won. That’s another name that’s Iditarod royalty. And Jason Mackey, Lance’s brother, ran on his behalf. Jason won the Red Lantern, the award given to the last finisher of the Iditarod. The Iditarod is such a grueling experience that even last-place winners get recognition. Part of the reason I mention Jason is that his sister-in-law works with my wife. Lance was a real Alaskan. He was of a type that is unfortunately disappearing in this Great Land. His brother ran in his memory.

https://www.gq.com/story/dallas-seavey-iditarod

PS: I do find it interesting that the author writes about snowmobiles and uses the phrase snowmachine. As far as I know, that term, and ‘snow-go’, are uniquely Alaskan.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.