View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 01:42 PM   #1616
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler08 View Post
I guess I’ll go with my original strategy of no backup qb
I was gonna take one given that my starting QB is likely only going to be starting for 1 season, so I could give myself a fallback for next year if I can't get a trade made or get one drafted. Throwing a 1 year deal at Fitz and a 2 year deal at {random mediocre QB} gave me a little bit of protection and kept me out of a FA market that I really don't want to be in if I can avoid it.

But we've got guys with young starting QBs who played 16 games grabbing backups and now needing to sign them to 2 year deals to get ANY value out of them (and even then, merely as a 'break glass in case of emergency' sort of situation).

But on the flipside, this season's FA market is likely to be fairly barren coming off the heels of the veteran draft, so maybe burning some money on a backup QB now isn't the worst idea.

Don't matter much now, though - I'm not putting the stink of Blake Bortles on this roster.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote