View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 07:04 AM   #49
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I wasn't saying that Mahomes didn't need to, or couldn't work on his footwork. Some people seemed to think that Geoff Schwartz was criticizing Mahomes over a minor detail, a detail that helped us win the Super Bowl.

I was stating that I thought Schwartz was talking more about how Mahomes could help the offensive line by staying at a more shallow depth in the pocket.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I was mostly agreeing with you. The drifting isn't necessarily a problem. But if he's going to drift he has to see the pocket in front of him better. Especially while drifting he has to see opportunities to slide into the pocket when needed.

Id also say that while it won us a super bowl and at LAC, those two games also exposed a problem. Teams with strong outside rushes will give us a problem. We saw mahomes start to do that later in the game but it was almost too little too late. Drifting may work in a lot of games but we may want to avoid vs defenses like SF and LAC.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.