View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #84
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Has anyone on here ever used a safety squat bar? Titan has a scratch and dent sale on one for $199. I'm considering picking it up, but I've never used one. As a tall guy with long legs, I have trouble hitting depth without jackknifing my upper body. I thought the safety bar might help. Enlighten me please.
My high school went to it when I was there a million years ago. There were handles welded onto the squat rack that we held onto to lean back instead of forward that ****s your back.

It feels kind of awkward at first. It feels like you’re hanging out over nothing. But once you get comfortable I was able to lift far more with it than I ever could straight bar squat. Some of it could be I can’t do anything like I could when I was 18, but it was different. Plus the weight sits better. In high school I was pretty skinny and the straight bar sat on my spine which hurt. Where as the safety pad put it up on my traps which was better.

BTW I’m 6’3 with ridiculously long legs.

I don’t know the kinesiology behind it, but it worked for me. A million years ago.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.