Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 12:12 PM   #1554
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII View Post
I'm wondering how they are pulling these big fish out with the flooding that occurred down there early this year.
One of two things:

they are fat stocker brooders that were put in the river after they were already big.

or

fish are VERY good at staying put during flooding. They will almost always move up into the shallower, slower water during flooding.

I lean toward number 1. Wild fish (or fish that are holdovers from previous seasons) are never that fat. They just don't look like that. THIS is what a fish that has been in a river a while looks like:

See how strong and lean it is, and see how the fins are nice and crisp? That's in stark contrast to a hatchery trout, which may turn into fat abominations from learning to gorge on pellets at the hatchery.

Last edited by loochy; 04-11-2016 at 12:18 PM..
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.