Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 08:13 PM   #3311
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I actually checked the Buds website to see if I could remember the brand of the high end AK my buddy purchased.

Every AK they sell is currently out of stock.

As far as the ballistics of the 7.62x39 versus .556, I really couldn't tell you which is better; I'd say our combat vets like RandallFlagg would be the ones to ask, since they're familiar with the business end of them. The 7.62x39 is a fatter bullet and makes bigger holes. The shell sizes are similar.

Generally, AKs are considered to be less accurate but more reliable. They have a far less complicated firing system and are easier to maintain and work on. There's a reason they're the most widely used rifle in the world.

You can also buy an AR chambered in 7.62x39, but for me, since the whole idea of having an AK in the first place is reliability and cheap ammo, I wouldn't want an AR that shoots those rounds, since cheap ammo shoots dirty and will gum up an AR platform gun quicker. So you'd need to get higher quality ammo for it, which pretty much defeats my intended purpose.

That's about all I've got.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote