View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 05:37 PM   #15
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
I was a senior in high school when something very similar happened to my mom but she was not so lucky. It was 1978 and we had a 1970 Dodge Coronet station wagon. On this the back window is manually rolled down at the back of the car. My mom had gone shopping at a grocery store that used rollers to deliver your goods out to a pick up location. Kinda cool. So my mom pulls up, gets out and goes to the back to unroll the window so she could open the tailgate. Another person pulled up behind her and put his column shit automatic in neutral. Then he grabs his receipt off the dash and reaches to the passenger window to give it to the worker. Of course he hits the shifter putting it into drive and catching my mom just above both knees. He starts to get out of the car to go to her help and she has to tell him to get it out of drive, he had not even thought about that.

Although she was probably "lucky" since it was above the knees my mom was never the same. She was 39 at the time so not that old but it was years before she could walk well and eventually had both knees replaced.

So be very glad that you did were able to get back out of the way.

Oh, man, I'm sorry to hear that. That's a really tough break.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.