Thread: Mock (11/13)
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #16
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I think that "give" needs to be Berry. He frees up enough money to pay for one of those guys and since he's rarely on the field, he also opens up a roster spot for someone that is. This team doesn't need All-World safeties, it just needs competent ones as in the past with guys like Abdullah and Coleman.
Reasonable.

I think you're underestimating the impact Eric Berry has on the team, though. (Though keep in mind I actually did cut him in this mock.)

In sports, 1 + 1 doesn't always mean 2. Sometimes the chemistry and leadership among players makes everyone better than the sum of their parts. Putting in two good safeties like, say, Armani Watts and Taylor Rapp, is like adding 1 + 1. You're going to get 2.

Berry changes the math. Berry + any good safety is 1 + 1 = 3, due to his leadership and abilities that make everybody else's job easier. So you're losing a lot more than a guy who happens to be super good.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.