View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #20
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
You would think that our corners would learn to quit jumping ship. Name me one DB for te Chiefs that has had an event decent career since leaving the team during Sutton's tenure. Peters, Smith,Gaines, they all had a major drop off. Yeah, they might get a better contract, but if they don't live up to that contract and get cut, are they really gaining anything? Nelson should look at the facts and take what the Chiefs offer.
Every one of those 2nd contracts come down to the first 2, maybe 3 seasons for the middle of the road FAs.

Sure, the top tier guys are usually locked in for 4-5 years, but for everyone else they can be escaped after 2. And I'm absolutely certain the players (or at least their agents) are cognizant of that fact and are just looking for the most they can get in the first 2 years. For those guys, they're largely set for life after those 2 seasons anyway.

Maybe if we're talking a million or so in difference they'd be inclined to stay, but I don't think that's usually the case. I think most of the guys we're losing are guys that are getting quite a bit more up front than we're willing to offer and I don't fault them for that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.