View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 10:22 AM   #84
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
One of my buddies sent me a clip from an Outkick (I know) podcast. They were saying that Williams hasn't hired an NFLPA approved agent because during the interview process they were asking potential agents if they'd be willing to subvert the collective bargaining agreement by demanding the team break the rookie scale. I have no idea if that's true.

https://video.outkick.com/m/eoQ9wH6r...on-and-withrow
There’s a recent article on The Athletic that discusses all this stuff around him regarding ownership, etc, and it mentions that it entirely seems to be coming from his father who has micromanaged his entire career. I think it’s less a feeling that he “deserves” it and more an attempt to see if the envelope can be pushed.

I agree that all of the discussion comes off as doucey, but if you step back, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with his being iconoclastic and trying to break some of these stupid NFL norms. It obviously would benefit him - yes - but it would also set a precedent and benefit others down the line.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.