View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 08:55 PM   #6078
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
We have 50% equity on the house so the mortgage payment is super low now. Paying $100-200 extra a month wouldn’t hurt us and helps in the long run I think. I already max my ROTH IRA. Good points.
Good on ya dude. Sounds like you really can't go wrong.

If I were you, I'd sock it away separately and see if you can get a different investment going. Maybe it's a side hustle, or a house to rent or something. Even if you just start a taxable investment account, I bet you can beat 2.5%.

But if you put money against the mortgage it'll pay it off faster, and unless you move, once it's paid off, that's material money you then get to keep.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.