Thread: Food and Drink Plaza III To Close
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 08:27 PM   #99
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Dartgod, iirc

BR at 71 nope Peppermill and Richie's Place
I don't know what this means, but remember Peppermill and Richie's. I used to shoot darts at Peppermill years later. I guess you were trying to say Blue Ridge and 71. Yeah, between there and Longview Rd. I also spent a fair amount of time at Capitol Bowl and Hickman Mills Fun Center.

Quote:
I knew Dave Duncan, not well, but dammed that was a long time ago...Dammed if I can't remember all of his stores. Been too long, seems like those days they all kinda looked alike. Dave did go to Carquest, Platte Woods ans 89th and Troost both shuttered. There was a redheaded guy, Camaro, that worked for Parts Plus (didn't they buy Keystone?) as a salesmanthat I worked with...
Don't know who the redhead is you are talking about. I did run into Dave at the 89th and Troost location. He had stores at 76th and Metcalf, near 95th and Antioch, on Shawnee Mission Pkwy just west of I-35 and Olathe at Sante Fe and Ridgeview. I worked at them all except Shawnee at one time or another. He ended up selling them to Parts Plus and some dickhead from Oklahoma come up here to run the. Jeff something. I couldn't stand that guy. Wouldn't look you in the eye.

Quote:
What was that black haired guys name at SB?
If you are talking about the owner, it was Rudy Langer. He was a ****ing asshole. Loved suing people.

Quote:
And I assume the motor pool was at 38th and Main?
Blue Ridge Cutoff and Sni-A-Bar Rd.

Quote:
Marty Brown... son of a bitch... He was an owner at Keystone/ Bumper to bumper? hooked up Harold Tenenbaum ??? He was a parts hoarder and a shrewd businessman
Both those names sound very familiar.

Quote:
Which Oreally?
Two different stints. 58th and Troost and 40 Hwy close to where the old Blue Ridge Mall used to be.

Quote:
Small enough world?
Sure is.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.