View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 03:10 PM   #195
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Beer will trash any diet, sorry to say.
yeah...unfortunate but true

even if i over-estimate the number of calories, like 300 per pint and i drink two pints of beer that were only like 265 per pint...i never seem to lose any weight the next day, i seem to gain a pound by drinking 2 beers, and still hitting my cut number..... which makes zero sense to me....

I know it must be all in my head but I feel beer is the very worst calories for me personally.

I have had better luck getting a buzz with wine, unsweetened hard cider (gluten free local cider, not crap like angry orchard sweetened garbage)....or even whisky/vodka and sugar free soda or sparkling water.

I enjoy getting my buzz on , and I love Ale so it pains me but I basically cant drink beer any more...Ugh..

edit: Some nice things about gluten free, unsweetened hard cider are:

1) they tend to be lower calories for the alcohol you get...a 12 oz of hard cider is usually less than a 12 oz of good IPA, and

2) they usually pack 1-2% more ABV

3) no gluten , lower glycemic index

4) no corn sugar.....which is present in not all beers but some.

full disclosure: I am thinking about/ actively working on opening a cidery...so this is possibly a biased / shameless plug
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.