View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 08:34 AM   #10283
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I will speak to a rep to be sure, but just to clarify my situation a bit more: it's apparently got a $6000/year limit on contributions. So my dumbass contributed the max $6000 for the years of 2020 and 2021 (or maybe 2019 and 2020, idk). I contributed that money directly from my linked bank account so it's definitely post-tax. If I'm understanding correctly, I will have already paid taxes on that money as it was previously earned and then they will tax it when I withdraw it upon retirement. That's some bullshit.
If it's got a $6k cap on there, I bet they automatically rolled it into a traditional IRA. It's roughly the same in terms of tax implications, but it has lower caps and obviously doesn't have an employer contributing to it.

A little confusing if they called it a "Rollover 401k" since that's not really a thing, but that almost has to be what's going on. Again, I'd contact them about it.

EDIT: Although the "directly from my linked bank account" part is odd, since that would suggest a Roth instead of a Traditional IRA. That's definitely confusing.

Last edited by DaFace; 06-25-2021 at 08:45 AM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.