Thread: Travis Etienne
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 11:06 AM   #49
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
LDT is pretty average these days, but he’s still a significantly better player than Wylie and Reiter.

I think you also need to watch Rankin again. That guy was rock solid in pass pro and he was very good with his feet with screens and zone runs, which is key to Andy’s offense.

I think it would be a really bad idea to just blow up 3/5 of the OL in one offseason with new starters who haven’t worked here before. Ideally I’d this would be my plan:

-cut Wylie
-cut Erving
-Allegretti becomes primary backup C
-sign either Wiz to a cheap deal or find another FA (preferably Wiz)
-keep LDT for 1 more year
-draft a starting C early
-draft another developmental OL in the mid rds

Fisher, Wiz/other FA, draft pick, draft pick, Schwartz, Rankin, Allegreti, LDT
I wouldn't cut Wylie just because he's an ERFA right so super cheap to keep, and you definitely want to carry more than 8 linemen. And your suggestion leaves no back up tackle at all?
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli