View Single Post
Old 08-02-2001, 12:06 AM   #376
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Finally, I have yet to hear a Nordic transplant or a Texas Horse Rancher whine about the Vikings or the Cowboys
Actually KCWolfman, my last name is Norwegian, and I must say that I am outraged that an NFL team would lampoon my heritage. You'd think that in our enlightened age people would understand that those of us with Nordic blood who happen to live in Kansas, do not, I repeat, do not travel by longboat. Perhaps the perpetuation of that stereotype is more plausible in Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes--but I assume that my Viking brothers up north use other forms of land based transportation as well.

Let me set the records straight on one thing; the horned hats.

Yes, they are very cool. And yes, I know other ethnic groups wish they had thought of them before us. I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but no one has been able to successfully pull off the two horned helmet since we sailed across the Atlantic to discover the Americas long before Columbus. (You know they tried to rob that fact from our heritage--it's a conspiracy, I tell you. They are always trying to put us down. Everyone knows the Vikings have been to the Superbowl several times without winning--the reason? All the Refs were descendants of Columbus, yep that's it.) But back to our beloved horned helmets that the football team shamelessly tries to imitate with thier logo. Only one other group has successfully been able to put a horn on their helmets, but their glory paled in comparison as the Germanic tribes to the south (circa WW1) botched the two horn helmet and was only able to affix a single horn to their helmets (hundreds of years after we successfully mastered to two horned helmet).

Yes, as Vikings we were master seamen, yes we have beautiful fjords, and yes, we have the hats that are the envy of all. To strip our heritage, to mock our contributions to humanity by making us a mascot for a football team is a crime against all people. These feelings have been welling up for some time, and now I think its time America understood the plight of my people. Sometimes it just makes me so mad that I about go into a Viking berserker rage......

Last edited by Fat Elvis; 08-02-2001 at 12:09 AM..
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.