Thread: Computers External Video Card Help
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 09:13 PM   #12
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstu View Post
While probably not advised, it is possible to do. However, it's not as simple as just plugging the new PSU into the video card.

Found on forum:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1063...%20motherboard.

The PSU's need to come on at the same time. Two options below.

1. Bridge the new PSU and switch it on at the same time you push your PC power button.
2. Make new connector/Rig wiring to both PSUs to receive POWER_OK signal from motherboard.

I read somewhere that there would be risk if power problems occurred and the second PSU didn't receive signal from MB to shut down. I don't know if the second option resolves this risk or if the signals are occurring through the 24pin connector.
So this referenced the paper clip trick and I later also figured it out.

I've seen so much conflicting advice...

Hard to know what to take seriously or not...
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.