View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #27758
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Solomon Thomas is the kind of player you take maybe middle of the 1st round or later. It's laughable that Lynch had the gaping hole he did at QB and was too chickenshit to risk taking Mahomes (or even Watson) so instead he went the "safer" route by picking a guy with great but not elite talent and glaring problems of inconsistent play and effort.

A very Pioli-like strategy if I ever saw one. It's an egotistical pick. "Look at me and how wise I am for taking the clean Stanford-smart passrusher and avoiding a potential QB bust and all the flashy WRs!"

And it's even funnier that he followed up the Thomas bust by trading up to get Reuben Foster. That kind of draft would have made Tiger Uppercut wet himself with glee. And no, that's not a good thing.

He got lucky with the George Kittle pick. Damn lucky. Otherwise that would have been the worst draft of all 32 teams that year.
The best part was that everyone and their mother knew that Lynch was going to take the Stanford guy.

He's essentially Steve Buscemi in that SNL Skit:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...terview/n11104

Quote:
Interviewer: Alright, what’s this? What does this say here? Yucca? Yucla? Yuc? Yucla? What?

Applicant: That’s, um.. that’s UCLA.

Interviewer: UCLA? What is that, some kind of club?

Applicant: No, it’s a college. Um.. I went there for four years.

Interviewer: I never heard of it! I’ve heard of Pepperdine! Why didn’t you go to Pepperdine?

Applicant: I don’t know.. I just didn’t.. I went to UCLA.

Interviewer: Yeah, I know that now! I’m just saying, I’ve heard of Pepperdine! Is that alright with you? Is that alright that I’ve heard of it?!
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.