Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #283
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Saturday morning I fished the Current River, starting just below the end of Montauk Trout Park at 6:30 a.m. and finishing a little below Tan Vat at 5:30 p.m. (with a 2 hour break for lunch and a nap :have-a-nice-day: ). I nabbed about 30 fish. All were Rainbows except for one tiny little 9 inch brown. I landed 2 rainbows that went about 16 inches and the rest were standard 10-13 inchers. Fishing was great in the morning in the rain but slowed as the day went on. I had a TON of short strikes that I just chalked up to me being a crappy fisherman, but I talked to another fly fisher at Tan Vat and he mentioned the short strikes as well. Guys on the forums are talking about the short strikes too, so I guess I'm not as bad as I thought. Fishing in the morning during the rain was excellent and I had a hit on almost every other cast/drift.

All day I used a #10 olive mohair leech with some shot to get it down in the current. I used a dead drift followed by short twitches as the current swung it out.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.