Thread: Movies and TV Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 07:16 AM   #2419
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I think there are two possibilities here.

1. He just doesn't give a shit. He's a cranky old procrastinating prick sitting on a mountain of money. He doesn't care what anybody thinks, and the more people pester him, the less inclined he is to finish the books, just to piss them off. And what are we going to do about it? Demand refunds for the books we already bought? Good luck with that. He's under no obligation to ever finish anything, and we can all kiss his ass if we don't like it.

or

2. He's got the next book done, and is simply waiting for the series to end to publish it.

Personally, my money's on No. 1. Being a bit of a cranky old procrastinating prick myself, I'm 100% sure that were I filthy rich and answered to absolutely no one but myself, I'd do exactly one thing, and one thing only - exactly what I want to do, when I want to do it, and it wouldn't involve much heavy lifting. And to hell with everybody else. I know what I'm like on a lazy weekend when my wife keeps nagging me to do something I don't feel like bothering with. I think Martin pretty much goes through life like that.
I could go with #1, if he weren't writing other things in the GOT universe plus the Wildcards stuff. That added to the very real fact of his books getting worse and looser with widening plot lines when they should be tightening up, means I think he's lost it.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.