View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 11:39 PM   #198
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
With all the talk about how Scottie Scheffler is boring; to me, Tiger was the most boring golfer ever. Unlike Jack Nicholas, he never made a Sunday charge and most of his wins were blowouts. He played in a time between the great players and there was really no one to challenge him.

Plus, it seems that he wasn't a very good husband or driver.

One thing that he was like Jack in that really bothered me; the coverage given to these players when they were out of contention. I guess that's what other people wanted to see however I was always interested in seeing the leaders. Not their fault however it was frustrating to spend so much time on a player that was out of it.
I don't think he's boring - he's just not spectacular.

He's not at this level yet, but think of it as Tom Brady vs. Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is Woods - incredibly flashy and will wow you pretty much every game out. Lost in the spectacular sometimes is just how good he is as the little things as well (Woods had an immaculate short game at his peak).

Whereas Scheffler is more like Brady - just goes out there and hits his marks every single time. Does what he's supposed to do and never beats himself.

Again - Scheffler has a looooong way to go to get to Brady's level obviously. But from a stylistic standpoint, that's the difference. Neither guy is 'boring' but they're certainly not a spectacle other than the results.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.