View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 02:28 PM   #826
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Shit, I don't want to go back to Lebron land, but it's interesting to look at his MVPs.

I wondered who most recently got 4 consecutive MVPs and went to see if LBJ did it. He got 4 in 5. And should've won 5 in a row, IMO. That stretch should've been 5 pretty easy votes.

And as I looked through his placements I thought "Damn, should he really have won like EIGHT of these things?"

Nope. That was it. I kinda thought there was going to be some real LeBron fatigue in there but I don't think there is. As I looked through the results I'm not going to say that they were all completely right, but there were more deserving MVPs every year he didn't win one except for the 10/11 season where Rose won.

James should've won. Hell, I'm not convinced Rose should've been top 3 that year. James and Howard were the clear two best players in the league. Dirk was still at/near his apex. Wade was still fantastic. Shit, Paul deserved a look.

It's obvious that James didn't win it because "The Decision" pissed people off so badly and it spoiled the results. But...why Rose? Wade got LeBron blowback. Howard was weird I guess? But the media loved Paul - though NOLA sucked. Even acknowledging all that, I'd STILL give it to Dirk.

Just a weird year.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.