Thread: Movies and TV It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 10:49 AM   #377
Resident Glue Sniffer

I wished I had watched them all in order. But I just started watching in random order and it's still great. but, there are sometimes very subtle call backs to previous episodes that I didn't get/understand until after I had seen them all and watched them a few times.

Example;
Thundergun Express.
Dennis is in the car listening to all the audio tapes he's made of all the women he's brought back to his room. At the beginning of the episode, Mac implies that Dennis takes way to long to seduce his women. Dennis, of course, disagrees. So he's listening and evaluating his tapes. On one tape, you can hear Mac interrupt the process on tape, and while Dennis is the car he says frustratingly "....well, now I just have to demonstrate my value again..." - indicating that in this particular scenario, that is why it was taking so long to seduce her because he had to start the system all over from the beginning.

this is in reference to the "D" in the D.E.N.N.I.S. system - "Demonstrate Value". and I think that episode was earlier in the series by quite a bit.

The first time I watched the Thundergun episode, that little diddy slipped right past me.

not to mention, watching them in order, you get to see the gradual evolution of Dennis as he becomes more and more of a sociopath; and Mac, becomes more and more gay and more and more in denial.

watching in order, you get to see the gradual destruction of Cricket and you know how he got all of his wounds / got so messed up.

Last edited by Dayze; 08-27-2018 at 10:55 AM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.