View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #14
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Yeah, I watched the execution of it already. It ****ing sucks, in my opinion. If you think differently, that's great, but the entire sequence feels incredibly rushed and underserved, and it's the god-damned climax of this trilogy of movies.
I'm not here to change anyone's opinion. A person will either enjoy and connect with the film or not enjoy and not connect with the film. I'm no Jedi and don't have the power of Mind Control.

What I will say is that taking an excerpt from a piece of art, whether it's a section of a song or a few minutes from a feature film, then basing your opinion on that small of a section, can often be misleading because you're not immersed in the entire piece - it's just a fragment.

My thoughts on The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi are archived here on the site for everyone to read and re-read. I struggled with both films at the time of their release. My opinions evolved and changed over time and after recently re-watching the entire 10 movies in order (including Solo and Rogue One), I can admit that my feelings towards The Force Awakens and the Last Jedi have evolved yet again, especially viewing all of the movies as a whole.

To be honest, they've changed for the better, especially TFA and TLJ (and even Attack of the Clones, which I used to think was unwatchable but now realize that it IS watchable - it's just not my favorite by any justification).

Anyway, I'm expecting to see a well cast, well written and well produced film that doesn't necessarily live up to all of my grand expectations but one that will likely wrap up the saga as well as one can possibly wrap up a series of movies that began production more than 44 years ago, involving thousands of people, most of whom that have never worked together or even met, that has an enormous burden of making fans everywhere happy, or at least, somewhat placated.

I probably won't have a "true" opinion until after I've seen it 4 or 5 times and have had some time between my last viewing in the theater and my first few viewings at home. And like the other non-OT films (and not including Rogue One and Solo, which I absolutely LOVED, especially R1), my opinions and feelings about the RoS will likely evolve over time as well.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.