View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 09:01 PM   #88
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Right. They are just as bad as Herm, but at least they could coach a defense. There is some redeeming quality to their coaching accumen. ****ing Herm was a DB coach and shit head coach. End.

So will Herm.

Right, but at least they could call a game.

Yes he most certainly is. And not only did he do it to the Jets, but our stupid ****ing franchise was goddamned stupid enough to hire him and let him run it into the ground.

Wrongo. I said he wrecked the franchise, you said he wasn't so bad. We walked through how he was a total shit coach. Then we walked through how he was a total shit personnel guy. The only thing you could fall back on was the totally unprovable assertion that Herm all by his lonesome undid 20 years of King Carl approach.

You totally white knighted his ass when you blasted me for (correctly) asserting that he wrecked the franchise (because he did).
They are not as bad as herm. Good lord.

Herm was a terrible game manager and in game coach. But he took talented teams and did okay with them. They werent the most disciplined or motivated, but they were enough. You can get average play out of reasonably motivated players in a lousy scheme. The worst coaches are the ones who lose their football teams entirely. Herm never did that.

I don't care how talented your team is, making multiple playoffs is an accomplishment. And we've seen terrible coaches take super bowl rosters and turn them into 1-15 overnight. He was an average to below average coach. No more, no less. And there have been a hell of a lot worse.

Callahan created locker room mutiny. Mcadoo might end up becoming one of the worst coaches in nfl history. Romeos teams were the most uninspired, unprepared teams I have ever seen. Morninweig. Marinelli. Cam Cameron. How can you even compare the two? But herm falls into that category because he couldn't miracle work a team playing on the sinking titanic? Bullshit. He is way above those guys.

And wrecking balling the franchise was the right thing to do. And I will never understand all the excuses you make for vermeil who literally wrecked the franchise with drunken credit card spending, yet you place almost absolute blame on the guy cleaning up vermeils bills. Again, herm was right to wrecking ball the franchise. It took balls. Maybe you don't think they brought enough talent quickly enough. Fair enough. But the idea that you think a guy who had a bad team with a disgustingly bad roster in any way compares to the dozens of nfl coaches who did disgustingly bad with decent rosters, then it goes to show that your hate for the man has completely clouded your judgment. Herm could take a good roster and make them average. Romeo took good rosters and turned them into #1 picks.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote