Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 02:30 PM   #20412
#triggering

Number one WR talk is always fun... depends on the offense.

For as long as I can recall, the #1 WR (or #1 receiving threat) in KC has always been a TE. Gonzo and now Kelce. It's not a knock, it's just what it is.

Tyreek is an amazing talent... guys like him, the burners (for me) are better suited as the #2. Stretch the field, make amazing catches. Everyone wants to call him the next Antonio Brown and while I get the comparisons, he's not there yet. (not a knock)

I like #1 WRs to be the more traditional size of big WR - those should be guys that are getting the bulk of the targets and consistently producing. The #2 should be the change of pace guy that will break the spirit of the defense and as equal a threat as the TE. There's half a dozen or so amazing TEs, the rest are guys.

Tyreek is KC's defacto top (or #1) WR, but Kelce is the straw that stirs the drink and that's not bad thing, again - it is what it is. That's not to say he can't consistently produce like a top WR, he's done it so far. Hill ranked 29th in targets and 18th in receptions in 2017.

I think KC would do themselves well to sign or develop a traditional #1 receiver target and let Tyreek run wild as the true #2 receiver. Kelce is the top receiver target... and for good reason, but Hill would likely see bigger numbers with a different passing scheme with PM if they had a more consistent threat at WR opposite Hill that was more of the traditional WR mold.

Just my $.02 --- go get a WR with size and really watch that passing game take off.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.