View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 04:01 PM   #779
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I had a meeting in Burbank this morning so afterwards, I stopped at Costco for gas and just a few items.

It was a complete and utter madhouse.

It took about 20 minutes to find parking and once I got inside, it was packed with old people that were in a tizzy everywhere, bumping into other people's carts, cutting in line, fighting for an opportunity to purchase water, even though the aisle was completely empty. Then, I saw fighting to get toilet paper, even though the area where the toilet paper was supposed to be was taped off with Police Tape and was completely empty.

It was so unbelievably stupid.
I feel like Costco people get off on this kind of shopping in some weird way. The vibe is always kind of a low-grade buying panic to get to stuff before other shoppers and maneuver those giant carts around. And then people get in fistfights over samples and stuff from all the tension. It's like the closest thing suburbanites get to the hunts our ancestors used to go on.

So when a real buying panic hits the Costco center of their brain lights up like a Christmas tree and they just have to go fight it out.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.