Thread: Movies and TV PBS Vietnam War Documentary
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 06:47 AM   #103
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
The thing about the draft then was, rich people could avoid it, poor people generally could not. After around 1967 it became clear that going there to fight was serving no real purpose. There was no exit strategy, no clear battle lines, we couldn't chase the enemy across borders. I was around 9 or 10 years old in the thick of all this. Lots of teenaged boys right out of high school got drafted. They didn't want to die for nothing. Very complicated time in our history.
That is the very reason I joined the Navy a few months out of High School. The AF had a waiting list and I sure as hell didn't want Army or Marines. That was a death sentence at the time the way I saw it.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.