Thread: Movies and TV Hamilton
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 06:08 AM   #30
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Saw it last night with my wife. It was worth the 7 bucks easily. (Plus, now I can watch The Mandalorian...).

I enjoyed it immensely. So much so that a second viewing is not at all out of the question. I'm not a rap guy at all, but I do find myself enjoying some rap music. Most noteably Emminem. Not because he's white, he just has a voice and a delivery that I can't ignore. There are a LOT of catchy cool songs in this, and the delivery by the stage actors only add to it. There are a TON of lyrics of course, so I don't expect to know every word no matter how many times I watch it. So that makes it way different than say Jesus Christ SuperStar, which I pretty much have memorized.

As a conservative, I was not offended at all. Yeah, there was some "Women Power" stuff and some "immigrant power" stuff, but not much. I thought the way they handled Hamilton's death was maybe one of the best things I've ever seen from a stage production.

I found myself thinking how good this story would be as a Netflix series to really flesh out the history, which I'm mostly ignorant of. That means that it did its job, it made me curious and I now want to know more about the whole thing.

Lastly, I made the mistake of watching the woke ass 45 minute special with the actors afterwards. Mostly when they talked about the art it was fine, but my SJW radar was beeping through most of it. Meh. Just watch the musical. It's just really good.

Favorite Characters:
Elisa
Burr
King George
Washington
Lafayette\Jefferson
Hamilton

Yeah, the namesake was the weakest performer IMO.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.