Thread: Movies and TV Hamilton
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 09:42 AM   #16
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
Why spend my money on something I inherently don't enjoy? You mention Eminem, Dr. Dre and Jay Z as people I should respect-- to my knowledge, and I am not exaggerating-- I haven't listened to even one of their songs in it's entirety.

ETA I just read the lyrics to 'My Mom' by Eminem. It does not instill me with respect for his skill and fluidity. In fact, it confirmed my previous thoughts on the 'art' form.
It's apart of Disney Plus, which is $7 a month, so not a terrible investment, worst case scenario is you can borrow your friends account to watch it like all streaming services, so your first excuse isn't really viable.

I don't inherently enjoy Country music or United States Women's Soccer, but I've been to concerts and watched games to see what all the commotion is about. I didn't turtle up in to a private safe space shell as to not offend my own outlook on the world and how I want to see it versus what it actually is. For every Beyonce song, there's a monster truck rally, I'm not going to rule out either just because I don't follow them.

You can have respect for rappers and other musician's even if you can't relate to their music. Does Eminem have some twisted lyrics about killing people, yeah, but I'm not going to say all his music is worthless and not worth my time just because I don't agree with one song. Life isn't always an all or nothing approach and shouldn't be treated that way. I care to experience most things life has to offer, but I was replying to the OP, not to your bubble.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote