Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #94
Supporter

Planning on pulling honey boxes Labor Day weekend. It's been so dry and production has really been slow. I added boxes to a couple of hives 2 weeks ago that don't even have any comb drawn yet. Right now it's looking like I'll have around 200-250lbs of honey this year. I guess that isn't bad for year one but I was hoping for more.

I haven't dug deep into them in over a month and I'm thinking about it. One of my pals on the bee team checked his yesterday and has five dead or dying hives right now. Not sure why, but some have suggested fungicides on corn?

I guess I'm lucky so dpfar when I'm getting stung, I don't swell too bad....but my brother gets one and looks like things are broken. This is his hand from one shot to a finger, and since I know you're all here for the blood and guts I'll share......but I can't share the pic of his lip when he got stung there....looked like mush mouth from the Cosby show about 2 minutes later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3008.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	114800  
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.