View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 04:38 PM   #35
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepp View Post
Okay, so I joined a gym after a LONG absence from lifting/working out. I have been running for 10 years or so and am in good overall cardio shape, but have gotten skinny fat, as runners often do.

In my mid-to-late 20's, I was much more into lifting. My max bench reached 295 at one point. But I have to say, I'm a bit discouraged. I've been going for a few weeks now, but I can barely put up 135 a couple times. I'm basically starting from scratch.

I'm 5'11" and weigh ~175, but I have a higher fat percentage than I'd like...like over 20%. My goal is to be tone (belly) and gain strength. I don't necessarily feel the need to get to where I used to be, but I'd like to be able to do 225 a few times.

So...lose fat, tone up, gain strength. Any suggestions on how to organize workouts?
Either Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5 is the biggest bang for your buck in getting you back up to respectable weights quickly and adding some muscle.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote