Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 02:48 PM   #2387
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

This seems like the right spot.

"Still" on Apple+ is really poignant and really good, especially for those of us that kinda grew up with Michael J. Fox.

Just a fascinating take on a bio-pic. They splice pieces from movies/shows he did along with readings of his audio books and recent interviews to discuss his career, diagnosis, progression of his disease and outlook on life.

Its just damn well done and fairly unique as far as approach goes.

And while it makes you want to feel bad for Michael J. Fox - he kinda makes that impossible because he's just so damn unflappable in the face of it all.

"What happened there?"

"Oh that? I fell. And I was a little surprised so I didn't fall like I usually do and I hit my face on the coffee table. When I came too I realized 'oh I think I ****ed myself up' so I went to the doctor and yeah - these are pins and screws here in my cheek because I broke my face..."

Just completely non-plussed by the whole thing.

He's a pretty remarkable guy who almost never became a thing at all. I mean it seems like it was a question of days before he packed up his shit and went back to Canada. Some of the most fascinating stuff, though, is the signs he hid so well. He was diagnosed like 8 years before he announced he had Parkinson's. And if you watch, you can see the tics and things he did to hide them. They show it a few times but by no means do they dwell on it.

It's worth 90 minutes.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.