Thread: Life Teenager Stories
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 10:45 PM   #12
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
I would venture to say that he likely implied they could be in trouble with the police if they didn't call a parent to come pick them up. If there is no curfew and the kids were not committing, or suspected of committing, a crime... then the officer simply used his position to get some kids off the street because he didn't want them there (whatever his internal motivation be it their safety or his thoughts on where kids their age should be at that time of day).

He could have just hung back and watched them and let them have their 3AM stroll while making sure they were safe when they were doing absolutely nothing wrong. Some of my best memories were of late night / early morning strolls through my neighborhood as a kid.

Either way... we are both just guessing as to the exact interaction they had along with the officer's motivation. I just prefer it when officers do things according to law vs their personal beliefs on child rearing and what times of the day are age appropriate to be walking down a sidewalk... so I ask questions like I did.
My best guess would be that they were in really close proximity to Deanna Rose (not sure if you're in the KC area or know what that is, but it's like a kid's zoo/farm center) and he may have initially thought they were up to no good or trying to sneak onto the property. Then he probably just played it out from there.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.