View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #977
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
He’s 19 and leads a full season league in HR. That’s impressive.

Stat scouting minor league players doesn’t take into account their age for the level, the park they play in, or what they’re working on at the time. Stats are secondary to development.

The Lexington and Wilmington rosters have a lot of interesting players having strong campaigns (including MJ Melendez, who has been impressive defensively at C and is showing strong power and a quality approach).

It’s not pretty above a-ball, though.

Nicky Lopez is about the only bat above a-ball that I think will amount to anything, and Foster Griffin and Scott Blewett are the only SPs who might be a real contributor in a major league rotation.
@Shauncore: I tried finding similar historical seasons to what Seuly Matias is doing this year, but they basically don't exist. As far as I can tell, no 20 or younger player has had a .300 ISO in A-Ball let alone the .386 ISO Matias has now. https://twitter.com/Shauncore/status...153472/photo/1
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.