Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 01:20 PM   #1526
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Sure. I get that. I've had to sign NDA's before, and there are still things from my military days that I have not been given liberty to discuss (as far as I know) so I know that people can keep secrets. I'm just thinking that something like this would be heard to keep secret and the fewer who knew about it the better. But then Luke was my immediate thought as soon as I saw the scene where Grogu was sending his signal. Maybe even before that. I'm sure if I thought of it then a bunch of other people did too. If they are going to continue doing stuff like this than the Deep Fake crew would be the guys to work with.
Well here’s the thing, and UnderEJ is certainly far better suited to speak about VFX than I am, but “touching up” an already completed visual effect is a very, very different process than actually creating the effect. That takes a team of people working together with a singular vision and those people are "True" artists.

I mean, anyone can take a great photo and change it to look “better”, although 'better' is often times in the eye of the beholder. But creating a person's face using Motion Capture hardware and software while making it look “believable” is a completely different process altogether.

For me, the audio/visual sync was off on the DF version and immediately took me right out of the scene, which made it far more distracting than the original.

MoCap is getting better and better each year with faster processors and there are claims that Apple’s new ARM chip advances rendering time and complicated processes like these to a new level, so the future is brighter than ever before.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote