Thread: Movies and TV Bond 25: No Time To Die
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 02:32 PM   #139
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
I tried re-watching it recently and still don't care for it.
I can actually see that. I originally watched it when it was first released (I was a teen) and hated it. I just remember thinking it was so ****ing boring. Dude spent half the movie playing cards!

Few years later I had learned how to play poker and randomly came across that initial chase scene from the beginning on YouTube and I'm like "What the ****? This is awesome and I don't remember any of it".

So I re-watched it and for whatever reason it just really hit for me then.

Now, I will admit that I really enjoyed Quantom of Solace, which is pretty much universally panned so maybe I'm not the best judge of Bond film quality lol I also re-watched most of the Brosnan Bonds recently and enjoyed the hell out of those too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
Bond dying is quintessential of the franchise?
Yeah, I mean most of the stuff up to that. That happened in the last couple minutes of the movie.

It had Bond being suave, hot Bond girls, Bond plot armor, one-liner humor, cool cars, awesome gadgets from Q, a comical villain, said villain on an island lair, showdown on said villainous island lair.

Major differences in this one were Bond dying, obv, and the relationship dynamic. Going the family man direction wasn't really conducive to him bagging a lot of young broads. So in that regard, yeah, I could see how you'd say it wasn't; but it had everything else you'd typically see in a Bond flick.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.