View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 10:32 PM   #26295
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
For basically our entire football lives there has been a debate at the top of the QB food chain. I really only date myself back to 1990 or so as a football fan but there was Montana v. Elway and then Elway v. Young and then from there was the 'next wave' of guys w/ Manning and Brady.

For a flicker it looked like Rodgers may be about to situate himself as clearly a cut above everyone else in raw ability but then Brady kept winning and Rodgers didn't.

If Mahomes gets a title under his belt, there's reason to believe that for a decade the QB hierarchy will be "Mahomes - 50 feet of crap - everyone else..."

Kid's just different. Someone said he's Favre's talent with Rodgers decision-making and I'll be damned if that's not almost exactly right.

Our guy's just better than everyone else. There are solid arguments to make for a bunch of different guys at 2, but our guy is clearly 1 and will be fore the foreseeable future.
I think his talent is better than Favres. His decision making is every bit as good as Rodgers, and his vision is better. Then there's the whatever the hell spidey sense he has. I've never seen that before.

Brady it was cheating - knowing the other dudes plays (and maybe film study)

Manning it was all study and repetition.

Favre was a gun slinger but had a ****load of bad ****ing games. Really ****ing bad games.

Montana was legitimately great, but didn't have near the talent. Plus, Rice.

Young, IMO was also legitimately great, but didn't have half the arm or the feel for the game.

Rodgers is close in terms of talent. Hard telling if it was McCarthy ****ed him up. He had some rough years, it's criminal what the front office did to that team. I wonder though what Mahomes would have done in that situation.

Wilson, man, he is kind of an outlier. I like a lot of what he does, but he's also blown a few games that Mahomes doesn't.

Mahomes is legitimately the best I've ever seen.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote