View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 09:51 PM   #61
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Yes Florida is booming with new cases. Coincidence, I think not.
4 weeks ago we were seeing 40k new cases a day. Deaths lag, so deaths today should be reasonably accurate to compare to those cases. We've been about 950 deaths the last 2-3 days.

What can be derive from that? It would be two likely possible scenarios.
1) We are better at treating the virus now than we were in the Spring
2) More of the REPORTED cases are mild or asymptomatic

I have not seen much to indicate we've gotten much better at treating the virus, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, so it appears #2 is true. Either way we can conclude that if we had the testing abilities now in the Spring we would have seen many, many more reported cases. Cases do not tell the story. Deaths correlated with the cases 3-5 weeks before is a better indicator.

Either way, 1,000 a day is nothing to sneeze at. And if we maintain this level of social distancing and discredit mask wearing we are going to have to shut everything down this winter - or just allow 4,000 to 5,000 people a day to die.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.