View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 03:58 PM   #36
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I thought I read the Vegas offer was lower than what he had received so far, but longer in terms of years.
There seems to be varying reports about the Raiders and Clowney, with some saying it's less dollars and others saying it's more dollars than he's been offered to date, so it's a bit difficult to decode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
The whole scenario is built around the idea of Clowney not getting the long-term deal he wants and deciding to take a one-year shot. That's the key "if."

In that circumstance, what would he prioritize - straight money OR the best setup for him to have a crazy year and increase his market value?
I'm with you and would absolutely LOVE to see Clowney in KC on a one year deal. I'm sure they could find a few guys that would be happy to renegotiate and push their salaries down the line a bit in order to win another Super Bowl and having Clowney for 19 games would be awesome.

But that said, I have difficulty believing he'd sign a deal worth $10-$12 million when he's currently in his Prime. If he tears a ligament, whether it's an ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL, pectoral muscle or Achilles, he's not only looking at missing some serious time on the football field, his options for signing a long-term deal at age 28 while recovering from surgery would be slim to none.

With that in mind, I think he'd be better off long term by signing with the Seahawks, Raiders or Browns, who are offering in excess of $17.5 million per, instead of $10-$12 million with the Chiefs, especially considering the possibility of an injury ruining his chance for his big second contract payday.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.