View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 05:17 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
/thread

The modern NFL defense should be a 43
well, I think you're missing the point. What difference is it, really, especially when a team like the Chiefs has 275lbs. OLB'ers? Call them a DE, call them OLB'ers, what difference does it make? More than a DE then, even in a 4-3, I say the DT should be the new point of emphasis. And even they will not look like the old hulking 300+ pounders but more like the Donald prototype. Reid's point was that the interior linemen collapsing the pocket from the INSIDE is faster and more disruptive than pressure from the edge.

My point is I think that Interior linemen and safeties are more important in this new era, with the new rules (or new emphasis on the rules) than the previous conventional wisdom that CB's and edge rushers are the premium defensive positions.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.