View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 06:18 AM   #29
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I see DE as a big need. Okafor and Tanoh can only be here next year before they leave due to money and Ogbah will probably get paid. Assuming we keep Jones, we can’t put more money into the DL. We just can’t.

Either way they both have torn pecs. Not ideal. And I don’t want to rely on Speaks.

I know we could use a corner, but if a DL that can rush from outside and inside is there, I think you’ve gotta take that player.
Yeah, I feel like DE is typically something we would have to pick higher too. Not sure that is a position that has many gems late. And DE free agents that are decent command way too much on the market.

Linebacker and corner are needs we have a better chance to fill through free agency or trade if need be. If an elite one fell to us early, we should take it. That is if no great DE would fall to us.

A lot of the top offensive linemen are taken early too because there typically aren't a ton with elite potential. I think it depends on the depth of that particular draft. If we can get O line in the mid rounds that we wouldn't rate that much higher, that is the way to go. Same applies to potential running back or WR.

It's weird because it feels like we are solid mostly across the board yet could easily upgrade in a lot of areas. I think we have the luxury to go BPA for the most part. And then try to fill the other needs with vets in free agency or potential trades depending on how we handle our contracts/cap.
Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.