View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 10:57 AM   #5
It was not a fair catch

I accidentally did that in class. Small school in Iowa. When the internet was young in the classroom 1996 or so. and there was no such thing as filters/adblock/popup blockers, extended desktops etc.

I was at a NASA site showing pics from Apollo missions, replaced Apollo 11 with 16, not Apollo 16,

Wooo Howdy.

Images came up, pop ups happened, Had to shut off the computer to make it stop.
talked to the kids and they knew it was not intentional. We all laughed. It is Middle School.

Told the principal. We had a laugh.

A few weeks later, had teacher conferences and a school board member was in to talk about his kid.

He said "heard you had a little problem with the internet a few weeks ago." He laughed and said "well, I guess we need to be cautious of new technology." End of issue.

If that happened today, in the school district I am in-there would be a formal review and I may get fired. I always tell teachers to use extended desktops and searches on your own screen, not the viewable screen.

Some teachers will not use extended desktop because-it is too hard. or will not Pic mute the screen.

Come on-if that is the case-you do not deserve to be a teacher or do not deserve to use technology.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.