Thread: Home and Auto EV Cars/Trucks
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 05:47 PM   #170
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
That plus just overall cost. You can point to a lot of things for the "slowdown" of EV sales (which, to be clear, is more of a slowdown in growth than a slowdown in actual YOY sales), but the biggest factor seems to be that EVs are still pretty damn expensive compared to their ICE counterparts. Meanwhile, BYD is putting out new cars that cost around $10k (albeit with severely limited range at that price).
Offering one at $25k sounds like a good move in the right direction.

Back to the battery exchange thing.

I remember when I would not do that with propane tanks because my cylinders were pretty new (they have a date code) and didn't want an old piece of crap in exchange.

For the last few years I could care less and only care about it being full. The exchange is fully automated.

I can see that same attitude carrying over to EV batteries. You pull into a quick change place and snap, $20 and they swap in a fully charged battery in a few minutes.

This would make longer trips possible again without long charging delays.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote