View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 04:54 PM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I think if we are sticking with the 3-4, we have to do more adjustments at ILB. If this is how our offseason goes, I see very little if anything to improve our run defense. Landon Collins and a presumably healthier Berry is nice, but we're still going to have huge problems if our ILBs keep playing the way they did this year. We either want to set the groundwork for changes of the future (drafting more high end talent at DL and ILB) or switch schemes that will hopefully make Hitchens not a piece of shit and then re-stock our depth.
I want to add at every level of the defense via draft and/or FA, but I just don't know how to add at ILB in a 3-4 This off season. There's no FA options I can see and after the first couple of good options go in the 1st I don't really know of any picks that would not be a project to take in the 2nd. I'd basically be hoping for improved play against the run from Hitchens, O'Daniel and Nnadi in their 2nd year with the Chiefs and also a new DC setting the defense up better against the run.

I'd probably rather the Chiefs actually switched to a 4-3 this off season, where maybe Hitchens and the defense in general will play better against the run in a 1 gap system.

The problem with that is I don't think Ford can play DE in a 4-3 and pass rush was the only strength of the D, so it sort of hurts to lose him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
The Chiefs had a shot to sign EJ this year for nothing and never even spoke with him...don't think he's what they like.

Also if you are looking for a player to fall in the draft to help the Chiefs...lots of mocks have Dexter Lawrence falling to the Chiefs pick.
The Chiefs prior plan at CB was dumpster diving (Scandrick, Amerson), maybe this year has taught them an average veteran CB is worth 4m a year.

I like Dexter Lawrence but in a 3-4 he would surely be a NT, and replacing Nnadi seems like a waste of resources? Even in a 4-3 he still takes Nnadi's spot.

Last edited by Chargem; 01-01-2019 at 04:59 PM..
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli