Thread: Chiefs NFL trade watch
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 03:31 PM   #298
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Clowney and Clark have both played in 62 games. Clowney has 55 starts, while Clark has started in 33.

Clowney has never even had a double digit sack season. He’s not an elite pass rusher.

The most important part of that article was this:

Clowney has not rushed the passer at an elite level. His 78.8 pass-rushing grade this past season was the highest of his career. While that was a career high, the uptick in his production hasn’t necessarily come from development as a pass-rusher. The Texans have simply gotten more creative and given him more opportunities to rush inside, where he was actually more productive than outside.

Clark is the better player and will be the better player going forward. Sorry, but you’re wrong.
And Clark had a 74.7 grade as a pass rusher last season and you're anointing him a premier rusher for some reason.

Why is a season where Clark was a worse rusher than Clowney somehow evidence for your position that Clark is...uh...a better rusher than Clowney. He most assuredly wasn't last season by your chosen metric. And I've not said Clowney is an elite rusher - only that he's a pretty good one (I said he was an elite run defender).

I mean you can either scrap PFF as a source altogether or acknowledge that Clark has NOT been a better pass-rusher for his career than Clowney has been by their grading. If you want to use PFF, you can't just site a blurb (that lacks internal consistency between the two players) - you have to also acknowledge that for literally every year the two players have been in the league, PFF has graded Clowney higher and SIGNIFICANTLY higher in 3 of those 4.

I'm not sure how you can keep hanging your hat on PFF when in the best year of his 4 year career he was barely better than the worst year of Clowney's over that same period. Or when his best season has never come within 2 points of Clowney's average.

PFF isn't your friend here - they do far more damage to your claim than just citing raw sack figures (though I assume you recognize the folly of using sacks as dispositive of impact).
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.