Thread: Chiefs NFL trade watch
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 03:22 PM   #294
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think Clark is a better presence and maybe even a better addition to a team that needed an infusion of attitude on that side of the ball.

But I don't think he's a better overall 'player' in a strictly on the field sense. Clowney is !@#$ing good guys. To me he's pretty much the prototype for a 4-3 under SDE.

Y'all are really underrating Clowney. He's a genuinely elite run defender; one of the best in the business. As much as people are lauding Clark as a run defender, historically Clowney has been better. And he's a very good pass rusher to boot. Watch the tape - he oftentimes draws attention away from JJ Watt. That tells you what opponents think of his ability to get to the passer - they'd rather take their chances on JJ. Like Clark, he can bounce inside but I think he's a little more dynamic inside than Clark.

Taking attitude and health issues out of the discussion (which I know isn't fair or appropriate but I'm discussing the idea that Clark is a more rounded player specifically), Jadaveon Clowney is a better football player than Frank Clark.

The Chiefs can argue that they see the ability to get more from Clark than the Seahawks got from him, but betting on the come on a deal of this magnitude is damn risky, especially when Carroll isn't some mouthbreather that doesn't know how to get performance from his defenders.
The risk with Clowney is so much more than Clark. It’s just really bad. Clowney brings us back to Dee Ford territory.

Meniscus tear, arthroscopic knee surgery in 2016 and 2017. He’s missing time periodically and that’s not good for a player making that much.

Frank Clark has missed 2 career games in 4 years. That needs to be noted here. He’s been very reliable to this point.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.