Thread: Chiefs NFL trade watch
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 03:06 PM   #290
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

But if you're going to use PFF don't you have to acknowledge that Clowney smoked Clark across the board last season? (Hell, shouldn't PFF be acknowledging that in their own buy/sell rankings?)

OVR:
Clowney -- 88
Clark -- 77.4

Pass Rush:
Clowney -- 78.8
Clark -- 74.7

Run:
Clowney -- 91.2 (dayum)
Clark -- 69.1

I don't see PFF as dispositive but you're the one mentioning them here and it's a landslide for Clowney in 2018.

And everyone wants to talk about Clark as this ascending player because he's only 26 and has room to grow....Clowney is only 26 and has room to grow. Oh, and is coming off a year where he was almost certainly superior to Clark across the board. At 26 he's being written off as some slack-ass broke-dick but he just had a career year and is entering his prime. He's missed 3 games in the last 3 years. The dude's playing incredibly well and people still want to harp on his first 2 years?

No, I don't think Clark's a better player. I think for his career he's been more durable (though it's been a wash over the last 3) and a tick more consistent (though we're ignoring his time primarily a 3rd down player his first couple of years), but in terms of pure talent I think Clowney is far superior.

I think the easiest way to distinguish the two is ceiling vs. floor. Clark has a higher floor - Clowney has a MUCH higher ceiling. I think it's awfully odd to pay what we paid for a guy on the basis of his floor and the belief that maaaaaaybe we can unlock more from the guy when a coach that has been to 2 SBs largely on the strength of his defenses didn't.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.