Thread: Home and Auto Shared fences and eminent domain
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 08:23 PM   #288
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cntrygal View Post
I read through the thread, but didn't see where this was totally resolved. Did I miss that post?

I get that you aren't (weren't) concerned with a few feet of land - but aren't (weren't) you paying taxes on it? If yes, and the neighbor wanted to be an asshat - then find out what needs to be done to officially make it his so HIS property tax can go up.

Recently my neighbor started a half-assed project to extend his driveway. So I wandered out to see exactly what he was doing (he had already made a huge trench with their vehicles on my side because neither he or his wife are competent drivers). He excitedly explained his plan to me while I just stared at him. (he planned on taking over 4 feet (wide) of my side yard the entire length of their driveway)

My response went along the lines of: "Well, that's all well and good - but if you do sell the house in a couple years, you'll sure as hell rip this out prior to it getting listed. I damned sure won't be dealing with a property line dispute.

The we just stared at each other until he said that he just thought it would be "fair" if we split the land 50/50. I told him that's not how these things work and he needs to check the survey that he had done when he bought the property. Or... he could go off of our shared fence (mine!) that I had installed after I bought the house (I had the property lines re-verified before the contractor put up the fence).

I've made landscaping that side yard a priority this summer to really make it obvious that I won't be allowing him to park his trailer or any of his other trash there either. His stuff looks like a shitshow...

Never really got resolved. I just have to keep cutting back their weeds. If course now my other neighbors put up a batting cage and are ruining the shared fence and leaving their balls in my yard when they get through.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.